a program for goal-oriented women
Have you already taken some steps to achieve your career goals and you just need a hand up to be equipped for your next steps?
who are overcoming a temporary hardship that impacts their financial, emotional and spiritual health
Are you willing to work hard to address the impact your recent hardship has had on your life?
1 in 5
women fall into poverty as a result of divorce
of mothers with child support orders do not receive their full payment
of victims of domestic violence report it affected their work
average loss of annual income due to the death of a husband
and who have already taken steps to create a foundation for permanent self-sustainability.
Do you want to achieve the freedom of living without government or other outside assistance?
We believe in the dignity of earned success, which means we walk alongside you as you work to address the barriers that are holding you back from becoming permanently self-sustaining.
Through our Christian-based program, you’ll learn how to develop problem-solving skills, so you are equipped to positively address challenges that come into your life and maintain lifelong stability and independence.
Expectations While in the Program
As you work toward your goals which we call your Personal Empowerment Plan, you are surrounded by a team of experts who strategize with you and encourage you during your journey in the Program.
While participating in The Gatehouse Program, you live on our campus as we help you with housing, utilities, and childcare, so you can focus on:
- Working full-time, preferably in your chosen career field
- Working on your Personal Empowerment Plan goals
- Participating in all Program requirements including weekly coaching and counseling sessions, empowerment/life skills classes, and other groups
- Following Community Safety Rules
- If you have children, ensuring they are fully engaged in the Youth Development Program, including attending weekly counseling sessions (for eligible children)
Goals for our Our Graduates
- Employed in a full-time job in desired career path (or in a job that will lead to desired career path) with the potential for advancement
- Earning or on track to earn a family-sustaining wage
- Significantly reduced or eliminated debt and improved credit score
- Possesses a savings account
- Able to create and manage a household budget
- Received professional counseling and developed skills to manage emotional, physical, and spiritual health
- Resolved or created a plan to resolve legal issues
- Has skills to manage household rhythm and is knowledgeable of personal parenting style
- Established lifelong friendships and community within and outside of The Gatehouse community
How to Apply
The first step in our application process is letting us know of your interest in applying by submitting a Referral Form.
Referral Form Minimum Eligibility Requirements
For your Referral Form to be considered, you must meet ALL of these minimum requirements:
- Currently living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and eligible to live in Tarrant County
- A woman 21 years or older, single or in the process of becoming single
- With or without dependent children (up to 2 children between 12 months old and a senior in high school)
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- No active addictions with sustained sobriety for at least the last 3 years
- Have a valid Texas driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- A U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident, fluent in English
- Ready, willing and able to work full-time with uninterrupted ability to work
About the Application Process
- Meeting these minimum eligibility requirements and submitting a Referral Form ensures an applicant’s Referral Form will be considered but does not guarantee an invitation to apply, an interview or admissions into our Program.
- Applicants will receive a response within 2 to 3 weeks of submitting a Referral Form.
- If an applicant is invited to apply, the application process can take up to 8 weeks, depending on how completely and quickly the applicant returns required information (the application process includes an application, background check, interview and drug screening). Being invited to apply or interview does not guarantee admissions.
- All applicants admitted into The Gatehouse Program must provide proof of current or upcoming employment (via offer letter) prior to scheduling a move-in date.
- If an applicant is not selected for our Program, we do not discuss reasons for the denial with the applicant or their representative.
The Gatehouse Program gives a hand up to goal-oriented women working to overcome hardships by equipping them to create a foundation for permanent self-sustainability.
“I came that you may have life and have it abundantly.”
MY SAVING GRACE
“The Gatehouse equipped me with the tools I was missing in order to complete my goals and successfully manage my finances. My time at The Gatehouse was a learning experience that I will take with me for the rest of my life.
It was spiritually enriching, mentally strengthening, and offered more support than I expected. The staff were caring and always had time to lend a listening ear when I needed sound advice.
Thank you to my Gatehouse family and a special thank you to my Advisor who was my saving grace.”