a program for permanent change.
If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
If you are only looking for temporary or long-term housing, click here for a list of North Texas agencies that provide housing.
There’s nothing quite like The Gatehouse. While we provide housing to those who are enrolled in The Gatehouse Program, housing is not our purpose.
Our mission is to help women overcoming crisis like abuse or underemployment who want to achieve permanent self-sustainability without the need for government assistance. Self-sustainability starts with building a stable income through a full-time career, tackling debt and building emergency savings.
We know it’s not easy to do this on your own so that’s where The Gatehouse comes in.
We give a hand up to women and children overcoming a crisis so they can achieve the dignity of earned success through a career-based income, financial stability and the skills to manage their emotional, spiritual and physical health.
During enrollment in The Gatehouse Program women:
- Work full-time in career building jobs that will build the foundation for long-term income stability
- Implement career-focused strategies to earn a family-sustainable wage
- Learn lifelong budgeting and financial decision-making skills
- Begin paying off debt and develop strategies to live without short-term debt
- Start a savings account and set lifelong savings goals
- Take steps to resolve legal issues when needed, such as child custody
- Work on emotional well-being and self-awareness through counseling and required group meetings
- Learn skills to manage physical and spiritual health
- Develop planning and problem-solving skills
- Establish lifelong friendships in The Gatehouse community while building a new life in the local community
For women with children, while the mom is completing the Program their children will participate in the Youth Development Program, which includes fun and meaningful extracurricular activities to build a foundation for their educational, social and emotional success.
The Program empowers women to take responsibility for their life and choices while building resiliency and capacity to thrive on their own.
With the help of Advisors and a nurturing climate, women are encouraged to take charge of their success through individualized member-guided goals and accountability.
Enrollment in the Program requires Members to live on campus, so they are surrounded by a team of experts who love and lead them through their journey to permanent change.
Is this the right place for you?
We’ve found that those who are most successful in The Gatehouse Program are committed to healing, embarking on a full-time career path, and fully engaging in this rewarding but challenging Program.
Because of our limited space, the admissions process is thorough (can take 4 to 8 weeks) and not everyone who applies is admitted.
To be considered for admissions, you must meet ALL of these basic qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with uninterrupted ability to work
- Must be a woman at least 21 years old, single or in the process of becoming single
- No convictions for violent crimes
- No active addictions (sober for at least 3 years)
- No level of chronic mental illness that impedes full engagement in the Program
- Not identified as the perpetrator in a closed Child Protective Services (CPS) case
- Must have the minimum of a GED or high school diploma
- Ready, willing and able to work full-time
- Not receiving or eligible for disability benefits
- Any dependent children must be under 18 years old
- Can provide proof of custody for children or of engagement in custody process
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
- Committed to engaging fully in the Program
If you meet ALL of the basic qualifications outlined above and believe you are a great candidate for the Program, click on the button below to complete the referral form to begin the application process.
A few last things to know:
- A Referral Form or application does not guarantee admissions.
- Applicants will receive a response within 2 to 3 weeks of submitting a referral form.
- The entire application process can take up to 8 weeks, depending on how completely and quickly the applicant returns required information. (The application process for The Gatehouse Program includes a Referral Form, application, background check, drug test, and an interview.)
- If a Referral Form or application is denied, we do not discuss reasons for the denial with the applicant or their representative.
- Click here for a list of frequently asked questions.
If you are in immediate danger, call 911. If you are only looking for temporary or long-term housing, click here for a list of North Texas agencies that provide housing.
The Gatehouse gives a hand up to women and their children overcoming crisis by empowering them to become permanently self-sustainable.
“I came that you may have life and have it abundantly.”
MY SAVING GRACE
“The Gatehouse equipped me with the tools I was missing in order to complete my goals and successfully manage my finances. My time at The Gatehouse was a learning experience that I will take with me for the rest of my life.
It was spiritually enriching, mentally strengthening, and offered more support than I expected. The staff were caring and always had time to lend a listening ear when I needed sound advice.
Thank you to my Gatehouse family and a special thank you to my Advisor who was my saving grace.”