The Gatehouse Early Learning Childcare Academy
Research proves early childhood education is vital for children to develop the foundation and skills needed to succeed in school and life. Children learn more in the first 5 years of their lives than at any other time, and 90 percent of a child’s brain development occurs during the first 3 years.
Recognizing the need in the DFW area for quality early learning and childcare services, The Gatehouse seeks partners to:
Support development of a new $4.5 million early childhood education center on The Gatehouse campus in Grapevine, Texas.
- 15,000-square-foot early learning and childcare academy
- 4,500-square-foot gym
- Two playgrounds
- Construction to begin early 2017
Give 300 Tarrant County families annually the opportunity for quality child care and early childhood education.
- Serve approximately 150 Gatehouse children at subsidized rates
- Serve approximately 150 community children at full-market rates
- With the DFW population growing exponentially, there aren’t enough high-quality child care providers to meet demand.
- Early learning is even more important for the disadvantaged children we serve — it prepares them to start school at the same level as their peers.
- Affordable child care is an essential resource lacking for almost 100 percent of new Gatehouse families.
- Child care is one of The Gatehouse’s most expensive budget items. When at full capacity with 96 women and approximately 150 school age children, the cost is estimated to reach $1 million annually, a fourth of our total operating budget.
- The Gatehouse community does not currently have enough space to fully launch The Student Enrichment Program, which is an after-school/summer program including STEAM, (STEM + Art), music, field trips and more. This program is designed to help children heal emotionally, learn to relate to others in healthy ways, and introduce them to possibilities that they may never receive if not enrolled at The Gatehouse.
- As owner of the building, The Gatehouse will contract with a third-party who will operate/manage the facility.
Gatehouse children will be enrolled at subsidized rates, resulting in significant savings for The Gatehouse operating budget.
- The childcare academy will provide needed space for the full development of The Gatehouse Student Enrichment Program.
- Gatehouse children will stay on our property for full-time child care, early learning, after-school care and evening / weekend care during their mothers’ support group, counseling and life-skills meetings.
- The local community will benefit as well with quality child care / early learning available at fair market rates.
Gatehouse Early Learning Childcare Academy
- Academy building $500,000
- Gymnasium $350,000
- Lobby $250,000
- Furniture $150,000
- Playground No. 1 $125,000
- Classrooms $100,000 (8 available)
- Reception area $75,000
- Kitchen $35,000
- Appliances $29,000
- A Beka curriculum $20,000
- Playground No. 2 $25,000
How to Give
In-Kind Services or Supplies
Think about the many physical aspects of building a facility. Contact us with details if you or someone you know can provide in-kind services or supplies for the building.
General Cash Donation
Mail a check to the address below. Checks should be made payable to projectHandUp, noting “Gatehouse ELCA building campaign” in the memo section. Credit cards accepted but checks preferred so credit card fees are not deducted from donation. Give online here.
Attn: Mackenzie Rose Smith
670 Westport Parkway
Grapevine, Texas 76051
Charitable Gifts of Securities
Stocks, bonds or mutual funds that have been held for at least one year can be gifted to projectHandUp to support the campaign.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Many employers match their employees’ cash gifts to nonprofit organizations. Contact your employer for specifics on their policies and procedures.
CLICK THIS LINK to share with others.